Sunday, October 4, 2015

Radio silence on the blog

I know, I know, we got a pack of dogs, went on a whole bunch of winter adventures and I haven't written about a single one. And now we've gone through the entire summer full of paddling trips on the north slope, fishing adventures on the Kasilof, island trips out of Homer, bat research in Wrangell-St.Elias and general daily shenanigans including but not limited to dogs eating (yes, literally eating) our greenhouse, and I still haven't written a word. The problem is that the maintenance and training of a pack of dogs is time consuming! And when I sit down to write about one (mis)adventure I feel like I need to write about the backlog of other adventures that precursored it...and so I just get up, post a photo on instagram and call it a day. However, my autumn resolution is to write more. And be forewarned, it will all be about dogs. But that shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. 

So, for those of you who are more interested in the photos, or get curious when there is a long radio silence on the blog, head over to my Instagram account. The one sentance descriptions and photos should tie you over in between the occasional blog stories.

First up in the cue of untold stories is a description of our third (but first serious) dryland race where the crazy pups pulled us around a two-mile trail at tops speeds for two days. Stay tuned, this one is actually half written already.

No comments: